Dates: December 7, 2023 - December 13, 2023
Esper Agent Version: 7.14.0862
- We’ve added Use Only Saved Wi-Fi Access Points to Blueprints and Templates. When enabled, device users will only be able to connect to the access points listed in your Wi-Fi SSIDs. Boost device security by restricting what kinds of networks your devices connect to and give users peace of mind whenever they connect to the internet.
- This feature is disabled in all current blueprints. You can enable it by editing the blueprint.
- Contact Esper to enable this feature for Templates.
- We’ve added new scopes to Custom Roles. You can now choose Create Template, Update Template, and Delete Template. When creating a template role, select View App Management to allow users to manage apps in a template.
When View App Management isn’t selected, the user won’t be able to upload or add applications to a template.
We’ve made a change to Compliance Policy access as well. Previously, our default roles–Viewer, Group, Admin, and Group Viewer roles–provided limited UI elements.
Users with view-only access will now see disabled buttons when accessing the Compliance Policies section.
In addition, we’ve added the following Compliance Policy scopes for Custom Roles: view, create, update, and delete.
Check out these changes in Profile > User Management > Custom Roles!
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- We’ve done an accessibility audit across our console and performed vision and keyboard checks for many features. Here are the following improvements:
- Made the profile accessible through keyboard navigation.
- Enhanced the UI for destructive actions in dropdowns.
- Implemented consistency for text color across Geofence, API Keys, Alerts, and more!
We’re excited to launch DevRel 126 over the coming days, and the Esper team is hard at work on the next release. Please contact Esper Support to share your thoughts on how Esper can improve future releases.