Dates: October 30th - November 6th, 2023
Esper Agent Version: 7.13.0530
- Esper Software Updates (ESU) is now out of beta and will be available for all new sign ups! We’ve also already started enabling this feature for existing tenants, and will be rolling it out to more over the coming month.
- What are Esper Software Updates? This feature allows administrators to bring their fleet one step closer to a true devops experience. With ESU, you can now work in the console to deploy Esper Agent updates to smaller groups of devices before rolling it out to your larger fleet–minimizing issues and maximing your fleet’s potential!
- What impact will this feature have on my fleet? ESU is an optional feature. You can enable it at any time from the console. Once enabled, it could have big impacts on your fleet. Read our documentation to make the most of your ESU deployments.
- What if my configurations are locked? We are committed to respecting the configurations of our existing customers. If your fleet is currently locked on a specific Esper agent or you already have automatic updates turned on, we will continue to follow these settings to ensure a seamless experience. Reach out to Esper Support if you have any questions.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- We’ve improved location behavior for devices. You most likely won’t need to change anything about your fleet based on these changes, but reach out to us if you have any questions. The changes are listed below:
|Version||Device Type||Location Behavior|
|Android 10 and below||GMS||If enabled, the default behavior for fetching the location will be done via sensor (for example, GPS).|
|Non-GMS||If enabled, the default behavior for fetching the location will be done with High Accuracy (for example, GPS and Network).|
|Android 11 and above||GMS and Non-GMS||If enabled, the default behavior will be dependent on the system. Learn more about Android 11+ location services.
We’re excited to launch DevRel 123 over the coming days, and the Esper team is hard at work on the next release. Please contact Esper Support to share your thoughts on how Esper can improve future releases.