Esper DevRel 93 is a standard release with exciting new updates and improvements. Along with adding Android 13 support, we added several improvements to the Blueprint experience.
- Significant improvement on time taken for Kiosk mode changes to reflect on console Support for Android 13
We now support provisioning and managing Android 13 devices.
Phone number information added to the Network event
You can now see the phone number for an Esper managed device with an actived cellular connection on Esper Console under "Device → Overview → Network".
Kiosk Mode State Status Console Performance Improvement
We have made a significant improvement on time taken for Kiosk mode changes made to a device to then be reflect on the Esper Console.
Blueprint information added to Esper Settings
You can now see Blueprint versions under "Esper Settings → About". Blueprint version changes follow Blueprint config setup, where:
- If you remove a Blueprint from a Group, the device will still have the Blueprint version last set to it.
- Blueprint version will only be updated when you move the device to a different Group with an assigned Blueprint.
Set or change language on Samsung devices using a Blueprint
The device language can now be set or changed using a Blueprint during and post provisioning on Knox supported Samsung devices.
Bug report request support for offline devices on Blueprints release
For our customers who are on the Blueprints experience, we now allow you to queue a bug report request when a device is offline. The log request command stays queued for 7 days, waiting for the device to come back online.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- We fixed a bug where in some cases apps were not installed upon reapplying a Blueprint.
- We fixed the “Created at” bug where the Device Record Registration was showing the incorrect record creation date. All record registration now logs the correct time and date.
- We fixed the issue where Bluetooth was staying turned off when enabled with Blueprints. It now turns on automatically when provisioning is completed.
- We fixed an edge case bug where the files were failing to save in the desired location during provisioning with a Blueprint.
We’re excited to launch DevRel 93, and the Esper team is hard at work on the next release, which is currently scheduled to launch early October 2022. Please contact Esper Support to share your thoughts on how Esper can improve future releases.