Organize devices or groups by switching the views, tables, or filters.
In this article:
- Switching Between Grid View, List View, and Map View
- Customizing List View Tables
- Applying Filters to View Selected Devices
Switching Between Grid View, List View, and Map View
In the Devices & Groups section, we provide three different views. You can switch between these views by clicking the three lines in the device pane of the Device & Groups screen.
You can view the devices in the following views:
- Grid view: This view allows you to see the devices as icons.
- Maps view: This view allows you to see the location of the device on the map.
- List view: This is the default view. The devices are displayed as rows in this view.
The Directory allows you to manage the nested architecture and oversee your fleet status using a variety of views. You can freely move between views by selecting it from the top right side of their screen.
Each view provides different benefits depending on your use case. The grid views offer a compact, high-level view of your entire fleet, broken down by Parent-level Groups. The List views provide a more detailed view of your Parent Groups and nested Subgroups. List views also allow you to fire commands to Groups or individual devices without having to separately navigate to each device.
The top section for all the views at the Directory-level display a summary of the entire fleet. The ‘Show More’ link will display the most recent devices in each category.
You can scan the QR code to onboard devices directly to the Directory. However, onboarding to groups is an efficient way to begin onboarding devices automatically when the group has a Blueprint applied. If you scan the QR code for the directory, that device will not be associated with any group and you cannot automate device management until a device is moved into a group. Following are the view available at the Directory level:
- Grid: This is the default view, providing an overview of the fleet at the Parent Group level. You will see the parent groups as tiles.
Each Parent Group tile provides an overview of the devices and subgroups within it, and provides quick shortcuts to onboard new devices, add, view, or edit the group’s Blueprint.
- List for Groups: This view displays a list of all the groups, including nested subgroups. It gives you specific details about the devices and allows more actions to be performed.
- List for Devices: This detailed view lists devices individually, highlighting their onboarding and online status, as well as organizational information, like group name and tags. Clicking Device Id will take you to the device details screen.
Parent Group and Sub-groups:
Each view at the Parent-level and the sub-group level displays the summary of the number of devices and the subgroups. It also displays the description if added while creating the group. You can scan the QR code to onboard a device to this Parent Group. You can also add, edit, and view a Blueprint.
Parent-level and sub-groups have the same view as the Directory level with one addition: Customize List View.
- Customize List View: This view allows you to choose your custom display for listing the devices. You can choose different columns to display here based on your use case.
Customizing List View Tables
List view of devices has more customization options available. To customize, click the "Table Settings" icon shown in the diagram below. This icon is available on the Devices & Groups screen.
You can control the table density to fit more or fewer items in the list view. Also, you could add or remove devices attribute columns to the list view.
Applying Filters to View Selected Devices
The filters on the Device & Groups section allows you to search devices faster. Select the filters for your query. For example, you can choose Group A, Policy B, and Online and Offline devices. This will give you a filtered list of devices in Group A which are Online and Offline and have policy B applied to them.
Once you select the filter parameters, click Apply to update the view. Custom filters are stored locally via browser caching. Your selected preferences will be applied automatically when you return to this page unless you update your preferences or clear your cache. You can return to the unfiltered view by clicking Reset.