Create, edit, pause, and delete Alerts in the Alerts directory. Alert can be created for your devices so you stay up to date on:
- Battery life
- Network outages
- Bluetooth enablement
These alerts can be applied at the device or Group level. Each time the condition occurs (for example, each time the device’s battery level falls below a certain percentage), an alert will be sent through email or SNS.
In this article:
To create a new alert, go to Alerts and click New Alert.
Step 1: Select an alert type and enter a name for your new alert. Then press Next.
Step 2: Set the alert condition which is specific to the alert type.
- Battery Alert Condition: Set an alert for battery level.
- Network Alert Condition: Set an alert to inform you when a device goes offline (minimum 10 minutes, maximum 364 days).
- Bluetooth Alert Condition: Set an alert if Bluetooth is enabled or disabled.
Step 3: Set where the alert will be sent to. You can have the alert sent to:
- a single email address
- a channel (a group of emails): Selected from a list of channels created. Channels can be reused across alerts. Learn more about Creating an Email Channel.
Frequency and time interval between notifications can be set in the Email Alert Frequency section. Then click Next.
You can also configure alerts to send to an AWS SNS. To receive alerts on an SNS topic, you’ll need to configure the SNS topic.
- Select SNS as the communication channel.
- Enter details of your SNS topic, including SNS topic ARN: An AWS resource identifier, AWS Access Key ID, and Secret Access Key.
For security purposes, create a separate user for this topic with restricted permissions that have access only to publish to this topic.
Once configured, whenever the alerting condition matches, Esper will send an event to this topic. You’ll need to configure your system to consume from this topic.
Step 4:Click Link Devices to select devices required to be monitored for the specific alert or Link Groups.
Step 5: Preview the Alert. Click Back to make changes. Press Save to create the Alert.
The new alert will show on the Alerts screen.
Alerts will also appear on the Dashboard.
Need to change the Alert’s criteria? Locate the alert, and click the ellipsis (...) next to its listing on the select Edit Alert from the menu.
In edit mode, you may change any attribute related to the alert.
Going on vacation and need to pause your alerts for a while? Click on the chevron (>) in the table to show additional details of the alert.
Click on Alert State to disable it. Don’t forget to enable it when you want your alerts back.
You will get a success toast message and the alert will be turned off.
Is the alert no longer relevant? To delete an alert, click the ellipsis (...) next to its listing on the Alerts Page and select Delete Alert from the dropdown menu.