This feature is in Beta. It's only available for certain customers at this time.
The Devices & Groups section enables you to manage devices and Groups in one place.
In this article:
- Device Actions
- Filtering the List
The Directory allows you to see several details about your devices at a glance:
- Device ID: The device’s Esper Console ID.
- Group Name: The Group the device is part of (if applicable).
- Device Template: The Template that manages the device (if applicable).
- Blueprint: The blueprint that manages the device (if applicable).
Drift Status: Whether or not the device is in Drift meaning whether or not the device’s configurations match its blueprint. Not available for Template-assigned devices.
- Blueprint Upgrade Status: Whether or not the device is eligible to be upgraded to the Blueprints experience. Devices must be assigned a template and be on Esper Agent version 7.8.7718 or later to be eligible.
- Online Status: Whether or not the device is communicating with the Esper Console.
To see a list of available Actions, click on the ellipsis (...) in the device’s row.
Move a device to a Group.
For provisioned devices on the Blueprint experience, any blueprint associated with that Group is automatically applied.
Add a tag to identify the device.
Add an alias name to identify the device.
Removes the device from the tenant (for Seamless Provisioned devices only).
The device will check in with the Esper Cloud.
The device will reboot or restart.
Lock the device’s screen.
Send a message to the device.
The device will emit a beep sound for five minutes.
Change the device’s blueprint.
Select Change Only to assign the device to a new blueprint without applying that blueprint’s configurations. If you choose Change Only, you can manually apply the settings by pressing Converge.
Select Change & Converge to assign the new blueprint and apply that blueprint’s configurations to the device.
A scheduled command to change a blueprint works the same as a Scheduled Converge.
Converge a device to apply its assigned blueprint’s configurations. When a device is in drift, one or more of its settings no longer configures to its assigned blueprint. You can use the Converge action to bring the device back to its Desired State: the set of configurations defined in the blueprint.
You can choose to Immediately Converge or Schedule Converge. You can also choose whether or not to include Provision-only blueprint settings.
The changes will take effect immediately.
Set up a schedule for the Converge command. During that schedule, devices that are communicating with the Esper Console will Converge. Keep the following in mind when scheduling a Converge command:
- Once a device has Converged, it will not Converge again during the same window.
- You can choose between scheduling the Converge for Console time or device time. Device time may make more sense for devices spread out across multiple locations, but may lead to confusion when viewing those devices in the Console.
- Devices that never check in with the Esper Console during the scheduled window will not receive the command. Learn more about Scheduled Commands.
Factory Reset the device.
Filtering the List
To filter the list, click on the Filter button. You can filter based on several parameters:
- Android Version: The device’s Android version.
- Battery Percentage: The device’s battery level.
- Blueprint: The blueprint applied to the device.
- Template: The Template applied to the device.
- Policies: The Compliance Policy applied to the device.
- Device Properties:
- The device type:
- Non GMS
- The network type:
- The device type:
- Device Status
- Online: A device that is currently communicating with the Esper Cloud.
- Offline: A device that is NOT currently communicating with the Esper Cloud.
- Onboarded: For Seamlessly Provisioned devices, this is the step when the device checks in with the Esper Cloud. For all other devices, this is the first step the device takes when it starts provisioning with Esper.
- Registered: A device that has registered with the Esper Console, or received the Esper Agent software, but is not yet provisioned.
- Under Provisioning: One of the stages before a device is provisioned to Esper.
- Group Name
- Online Status
- Security Status