This feature is in Beta. It's only available for certain customers at this time.
This article goes over how to create, edit, and manage blueprints and their versions. If you’re looking for an explanation of the settings for each blueprint, see Blueprint Settings.
In this article:
- Creating a Blueprint
- Managing a Blueprint
Creating a Blueprint
Blueprints manage the behavior of devices. In general, before you provision a device, you create a blueprint to define the behavior of devices with the same use case. To create a blueprint, go to Blueprints Manager and click on the Create Blueprint button. Then choose one of the following options:
- To create a new blueprint, choose Create Blueprint.
- If you have a JSON Config file, you can Create a Blueprint from a JSON Config.
- Download the JSON Config to edit the JSON directly.
- If you are migrating from Templates to Blueprints, choose Create Blueprint from Template. See more information about migrating from Templates to Blueprints.
Managing a Blueprint
To edit a Blueprint, or perform other functions, click on the ellipsis (...) and select one of the following options:
- Edit Blueprint Details: Change the name and description.
- Edit Blueprint: Edit the blueprint's settings.
- Clone Blueprint: Create a duplicate blueprint.
- Version History: See the blueprint's version history.
- Delete Blueprint: Delete the blueprint.
Editing a Blueprint
You can also edit the blueprint's settings by clicking on it and selecting Edit Blueprint.
This will open editing mode. In this mode, you can Save or Cancel the changes made.
While editing, you may occasionally run into a message that says Resolve errors to proceed.
View the sections where the error occurred and then look for a warning message to resolve that issue.
Once the error is resolved, you’ll be able to save, publish, and converge your changes.
Managing Blueprint Versions
Blueprint versions allow you to track changes made to the blueprint over time. To see the changes, locate the blueprint in the Blueprints Manager and click on its version number.
In the version view, you’ll be able to see the:
- Version: The blueprint’s versions (every time the blueprint was saved or published).
- Devices: The devices linked to that version.
- Saved: The date it was saved or published.
- Changed by: The user who saved or published it.
- Comments: Any comments left by the user.
To restore an older version, click Restore as New.
The older version’s configurations will be used to create a new version. For example, if you clicked Restore as New on version 2.1, and you were currently on blueprint version 3.0, the restored version would become 3.1.
Deleting a Blueprint
To delete a single blueprint, locate that blueprint in the Blueprint Manager, click on the ellipsis (...), and select Delete. Blueprints assigned to one or more devices cannot be deleted. Assign that device to a new blueprint and then delete the old blueprint.
Manage your blueprints and keep your devices in compliance across your fleet.